Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I be pregnant?

Options
  • 21-02-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I had been on the pill (2 different ones) for a year and a half, but last month i took a break from it because it was causing me to become depressed. I went off it for a month.

I got my period on 3rd February 2012 but didnt start back on my pill (a different one) on the first day of my period but started on the 6th February 2012, I know I should have used extra protection for 7 days now, but had unprotected sex with my bf 5 days after that on the 10th Feb, even though I was not fertile until 14th Feb and not "ovulating" until 17th Feb and by that time the pill would be active is there still a chance of me being pregnant?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The only way to know for sure is to test.

Unless you have tracked your ovulation cycles, they can vary from woman to woman, and are not necessarily 14 days into your cycle. I had short cycles, so I ovulated around day 10/11. As well as that, your cycles would be a little out of whack coming off the pill and can take a little while to settle into a pattern.

If you use a highly sensitive test (clearblue or first response) on your first morning urine it may show a possible pregnancy, but if it was a negative test you would need to repeat it either at the end of this week or next week to double check the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahC12

Hiya guys.. I'm just wondering is their anybody who could help me out a little.. i'v had unprotected sex just over 4 weeks ago, well my last period was on the 10Th of Feb.. usually the same every month, well i'v being getting cramping pains, similar to period pains, i get the feeling i want to get sick but i don't then i'm really tired all i'm doing is sleeping, when i urinate if i hold it in i get a sharp pain in my lower stomach,and my boobs are sore and tender, iv never experienced this before, as this had began to occur last week maybe.. i took a HPT last week the result was negative, but now its past my period due date and i'm late.. does it sound like i'm pregnant? any suggestions would be appreciated.
    The Other Sites Havnt Being Very Helpfull.. Hope This One Will
    Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

You could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Sounds like you could be, get a clear blue test, no mistaking them!

Advertisement