Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career Change Advice

• 21-02-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I graduated from college last year with two degrees. One in Civil Engineering and another in Structural Engineering. As you can imangine, job oppourtunites for these kind of degrees are very limited in Ireland at the moment. I am currently working for a engineering firm on a non paid internship so i can gain some experience.
    I have heard that engineers can get jobs in the business and finance sector due to having a good ability to work with numbers and problem solving.
    Does anyone have any advise on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

OP if you are good at maths then there will always be opportunities available in other sectors. You should probably consider doing a Masters in a given field to convert and update your skillset.

There is lots of demand for qualified people in software engineering. Also in the banks and insurance sector actuaries are always in demand but the exams to get there are tough. There are dozens of avenues you could go down with a good aptitude for maths, you just gotta research it a good bit and find the niche that excites you now and will still excite you just as much in 20 years.

Advertisement