Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car broke down twice this morning, options?

Options
  • 21-02-2012 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Well, the car broke down twice on the way to work. I called Atlas but they don't do tows and my broker wasn't open until 9am. Stuck on the southbound entrance to the airport roundabout for about 15 mins waving traffic around it. Finally got it started after much persuading and it's in the carpark now.

It's probably a sensor problem as it has oil, water, fuel and a spark (eventually). Seems like it's cutting out when it gets up to temp or something. The MIL is on at the moment.

Anyway, since I don't trust it to get me home, I have a question: Can I ring my broker and tell them that it's broken down twice this morning (but is currently working) and can they tow it to Atlas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Have you no 24 hour number (not your 9-5 broker).
    Just call and tell them you cut out and managed to push it into the car park. They should send a tow truck for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Have you no 24 hour number (not your 9-5 broker).
    Just call and tell them you cut out and managed to push it into the car park. They should send a tow truck for you.

Thanks, no I didn't have the number, silly mistake! Will call them now.

Edit: It's on the way to Atlas now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Confab wrote: »
    Thanks, no I didn't have the number, silly mistake! Will call them now.

Edit: It's on the way to Atlas now.

I'll make a guess of a crankshaft sensor:)......very common problem on the corsa's and causes the car to cut out and then usually restart and drive fine after a short while.

I'll make a guess of a crankshaft sensor:)......very common problem on the corsa's and causes the car to cut out and then usually restart and drive fine after a short while.

It's the Alfa. Enjoy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Oh oh....:P

I'm off today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Probably still the TDC sensor... best of luck and let us know what it is/was..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I'm off today though.

A lot of people say that when they hear there's an alfa on the way :P
    Glad you got sorted OP.

Oh oh....:P

I'm off today though.

Well if you see it tomorrow give it a kick from me.

Advertisement