Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician wanted for job in Cristchurch

Options
  • 21-02-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am on the board of directors for an apartment complex in Christchurch and we want to get sensors fitted to switch on the lights when somebody enters the car park.

Should be a pretty straight forward piece of work. Small car park (20 car spaces at street level). Breakout board just inside main gate and two lift shaft at about 10m and 25m from the breakout board. Essentially what we need is three sensors fitted, one above the entrance gate and one in each of the lobbies at the base of the lift shafts. Fit a contactor to switch the existing fluorescent lights when sensors activated. Each sensor to have its own timer. Estimate half to three quarters of a days work. Can supply materials if required.

Pretty flexible with the day of week and time of day the work is carried out. Parking can be provided as well. Contractor must be RECI member and invoice with VAT number will be required.

PM me if suitably qualified and interested.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

mr cavan man what is the money like:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

It's a tendering process like any other so obviously it would be prudent to submit a competitive quote. All I can assure you is that payment will be prompt and there will be no messing around.

Basically its a nice handy piece of work in a big open covered space that can be done any day over the next few weeks. If it suits you and you are interested PM me and I can show you the job any evening (except Tuesday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

youd have to work,fast to do it in half a day if its steel

if fittings are old t8 you can save money by replacing them rather than using pirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tendering for half a day wouldnt seem viable except for next door neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

old fittings wouldnt be suitable,if pir is suitable at all

they make a 49watt with reflector which replaces an old 5ft twin

2/3 saving including losses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

What about the ECSSA registered sparks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

Yes 086lavey, ECSSA registered is fine. As I mentioned we are very flexible with when it's done once it's done over the next few weeks.

Nice straight piece of work. Run two cables up car park to lift lobbies. Fit a sensor in each lobby and and one at the car park entrance. Fit new contactor, connect up to sensors and move feed for lights in car park to contactor, job done.

Advertisement