Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window leaking for a long time. need some major work done

Options
  • 21-02-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    I noticed yesterday that the wall around my passenger side window was a bit spongy. I have a 94 a class dethleff. I stripped some of the panels and vinyl away surrounding the window and to my horror have discovered that unfortunately my camper isnt in as great condition as I thought. There has been a leak from both bottom corners of the window for what seems to be, a long time. Ill need to cut out a fair chunk of the side of the van and replace it. Im not looking to do this myself so im wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere that is capable of doing the job properly. There seems to be a good few places advertising camper repairs on the net, but im looking for some recommendations that arent from their own website.
    Cheers,
    JOT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Well , I've done it in work , and it ain't pretty , we normally end up re-lining the wall with a special thin board we sourced that's similar to what's used in most MHs . Obviously I'd strip out all the rotten stuff , and the insulation , til I got back to good , sound and hard timber , and start grafting from there .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOT

thanks aidan, sorry for such a late reply. Where abouts do you work? ive finally got round to taking some pics of the damage. if i email them onto you do you think you might be able to give me a ball park figure of a repair cost?
    Cheers,
    JOT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

www.PatHoranMotors.com , is us , in North Tipp

Advertisement