Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eye sight report?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Could anyone tell me if it's mandatory to bring in an eye sight report when applying for your first provisional licence at the motor tax office.

On the form it says:

Your application for a learner permit should include

IN ALL CASES
    -application form
    -2 photos
    -current most recent licence
    -appropriatefee

AND IF REQUIRED
    x
    x
    an eye-sight report or medical report
    x

I was under the impression that an eyesight report was compulsory but the form seems to imply otherwise..
    Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Comments

If it's your 2nd provisional no eye sight report required, so it doesn't go in the all cases section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Its for a first provisional, as it says in the op.

Edit: its not for me ;)

ION08 wrote: »
    Its for a first provisional, as it says in the op.

Edit: its not for me ;)

I know what you said in the OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Buffman

ION08 wrote: »
    Does anybody know for sure?

Yes, you need it. Any optician or doctor will do it for you.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement