Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCAs- F1-F3- exam centre/courses?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey there. I'd like to sit the first three acca fundamental exams via the computer based exams and would like to do it through self-study possibly mixed with a revision day in a good college if that is possible. I was going to get the manuals, study them myself and then apply to sit the exams via one of the colleges like Independent Colleges.

Was just wondering if I have to apply via a college to sit the CBE tests or do ACCA have their own centre for these exams?

Also, are any of the colleges offering special day/weekend revision sessions for people self studying? I just think it might be unnecessary to do a whole course in a college for these relatively easy exams and I'm funding this myself.

I will get in touch with the different colleges but would appreciate any info from people who have already gone through this! thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

pog it wrote: »
    Hey there. I'd like to sit the first three acca fundamental exams via the computer based exams and would like to do it through self-study possibly mixed with a revision day in a good college if that is possible. I was going to get the manuals, study them myself and then apply to sit the exams via one of the colleges like Independent Colleges.

Was just wondering if I have to apply via a college to sit the CBE tests or do ACCA have their own centre for these exams?

Also, are any of the colleges offering special day/weekend revision sessions for people self studying? I just think it might be unnecessary to do a whole course in a college for these relatively easy exams and I'm funding this myself.

I will get in touch with the different colleges but would appreciate any info from people who have already gone through this! thanks a mil!

Bumping this unanswered post from last week as I'm in the same position as the OP. Anyone shed some light on this particularly the bit in bold??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I did mine at BPP in Dublin, I contacted them directly after registering as a student with ACCA. The exams are held once a month and the application information is on the BPP website.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

SBWife wrote: »
    I did mine at BPP in Dublin, I contacted them directly after registering as a student with ACCA. The exams are held once a month and the application information is on the BPP website.

So Bpp hold 12 CBEs a year for exams F1-F3. Your a wealth of knowledge SBWife. Its much appreciated. Thanks

PS can I do more than 1 on each occasion. Ie if i wanted to do all three on one day or 2 and 1 is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebelabu

Griffith College offer CBE's to non Griffith students, CBE's offered in their Dublin, Limerick and Cork campus's. Similar to BPP each CBE session offered once a month.
    Usually 2 exams is the max a student would sit on any given day as each CBE has a max duration of 2 hours, completing 3 exams in the one day would be unrealistic as usally college CBE's sessions would run from say 10 - 12 in the morning and 2-4 after lunch.

Feel free to PM me for any info on the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sisoko2222

Hi guys. That info is really helpful. Alot more helpful than the ACCA site!! I am also thinking of sitting 1, 2 and 3. Could anyone estimate how many study hours are required for each. I know this is difficult as the students ability and job history need to be taken into account amongst other things but for a person with 3 years Finance (not accounting) experience who would be an average or slightly better student. Anyone fancy guessing?

Planning to self study and maybe a revision course if required. Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement