Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ankle replacement?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am 27 years old and had quite a severe break of my ankle last year.After 2 surgeries it looks like things ain't getting any better.My surgeon has mentioned an ankle replacement to me and was wondering if anybody would have any idea how long these kinda of replacements generally last.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Having never broken a bone I wouldnt know where to start other then to say that I would reccomend that you discuss the option with your surgeon or get a referral to an orthopedist that performs the procedure. He/ she may be able to give you more detailed information and literature to read in regards to the feasability/ longevity and recovery associated with an ankle replacement. I would also consider asking about other alternatives to the surgery that may be of benifit

Advertisement