Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please.....

Options
  • 20-02-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Failed today in Finglas, on observation, had 11 grade 2s, it was best yet, but for right and left turns, 3 grade 2s for clutch, i got nervous and revved too hard, to be honest i was very disillusioned, even though instructor was sound etc, he said he was going to go through paper ,all he did was mention the marks, so I told him that was fine, I'd like to leave, i didnt think it was of value....
    Anyway to improve observation, i have a good instructor, I was gutted to miss it today.....
    At the moment for every turn, I am going centre mirror, right\left mirror, signal, then right\left mirror when making that turn....I honestly can't see how i got 5 marks for observation, I know everyone says that, is there any system I can use, really appreciate it, I know I'm rambling ,but need to get licence asap :-) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Mirrors are just part of observation. It sounds like you are not looking at the piece road you are about to drive onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Thanks for the reply, yeah got no marks for mirrors, you're right, is there any best way to work on this???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

When it comes to mirrors generally if you are taking a right turn, it be rear view/centre mirror then look into your right mirror. If you are turning left you look at your left mirror then rear/centre mirror. Think thats how it goes. Or is it rear mirror then left mirror. I often get confused myself but generally its rear mirror then the outside mirror. I often look at outside mirror then the rear mirror when it should be the other way around.

If before you move off, you look at your blindspot to the left first then left mirror, rear/centre mirror, then right mirror then blindspot to the left.

Its like Think of A B C D E. C be your centre mirror. AB left, DE right. As AB is the left of C, DE is the right of C.
    Or say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 3 is the centre mirror, 1,2 is on the left, 4,5 on the right. As in 1 and 2 are the left of 3, 4 and 5 are the right of 3. Only possible way to remember it like that. or a more simple one as mentioned below.

Go left to right regarding blindspot/mirrors when moving off. When turning use the mirror that is on the side in which you are turning. Left Turn Left Mirror, Right Turn Right Mirror.

Advertisement