Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible move to UK (need help!)

Options
  • 20-02-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Have a friend in england and thinking of moving over to him, Im 26 and a fully qualified electrician but working in a big supermarket where i only get 20 hours a week, 180 euro, cant claim dole because they have our hours over 4 or 5 days. So basically i dont have a life here bla bla!
    I just need to know from some one who has experience, is it easy to get a job there? Ill be in the london area, (Harlow) I also have a car that im still paying off and would like to bring it with me, Is there anything i need to do about this?? Basically iv no clue about that side of things, Ill take it ill need to set up a bank account over there too. Would like some feedback and other things i might be missing?? All new to me. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Depending on the bank there might be branches in the area you're moving to. I definitely recall BoI being everywhere while in Madchester.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/ in case you want to really be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

DaDeadly1 wrote: »
    Have a friend in england and thinking of moving over to him, Im 26 and a fully qualified electrician but working in a big supermarket where i only get 20 hours a week, 180 euro, cant claim dole because they have our hours over 4 or 5 days. So basically i dont have a life here bla bla!
    I just need to know from some one who has experience, is it easy to get a job there? Ill be in the london area, (Harlow) I also have a car that im still paying off and would like to bring it with me, Is there anything i need to do about this?? Basically iv no clue about that side of things, Ill take it ill need to set up a bank account over there too. Would like some feedback and other things i might be missing?? All new to me. Thanks! :)
    there are two irish newspapers published in the UK,both have a help section for irish citizens moving to the UK, irish news , and the irish world,both on line,best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

First off have a good read of this thread

Also if you mate is in construction ask him about what paperwork you need to start on the sites , I believe you can't roll up with some safety boots and donkey jacket anymore

Have a look at this site for jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DaDeadly1

oh ok thanks, ill jump to the other thread, thanks for your replies

Advertisement