Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 EPS Light staying on

Options
  • 20-02-2012 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

02 1.9 A4
    I noticed in the last 5 days the eps light has come on while driving and stayed on until I switch off the engine and restart.
    Any hints to why. I noticed at the weekend that my brakes lights stayed lit (noticed the reflection of the center light in the back windscree). I just tugged up the brakes pedal with my foot and it went.
    Brake switch starting to stick and posssibly both related?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Most likely the brake light switch is faulty. This is linked in with the Electronic stability program, ABS etc. Handy enough to replace, and available cheaply spurious. Some have a particular method of installation which should be observed closely as you only get one shot to get it adjusted correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd be thinking brake light switch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Brake light switch three! Those VWs and their derivitives have a system in which the brake light switch has a major input to the ECU. A faulty switch can cause all sorts of symptoms.

Advertisement