Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday morning 5:45 am -Disturbance

Options
  • 20-02-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I live in Skerries and this morning was awoken at 5:45 am by a series of very loud bangs.

At first I thought it may have been flares being let off on the beach or by the harbour (and for a horrible couple of minutes I also thought it might have been something even more tragic involving someone with a shotgun:().

Anyone else hear them?

They were very loud indeed. :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Theres a lot of machinery on the track beside the ballast pit? I'm near there and heard nothing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Thanks for your reply shaungil.

No, I am smack bang in the centre of Skerries.

Normally, noise and stuff comes with living downtown as such and we are generally used to a certain level, but this morning's disturbance really shocked us. We were truly concerned that someone had used a firearm of some sort - either on themselves or someone else.

There may be a perfectly rational explanation for it but I just can't seem to think why anyone would want/be permitted to make such noises that early in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Misfiring car? 5.45am is usually the start of the wacky races.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I heard it too. Wasn't sure what time it was. It sounded far away from me (I live near the mills).

Advertisement