Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Non Standard Alloys

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi
    I went to look at a car at the weekend (Audi 1.9 SE TDI) yer man said the new alloys on them were from an A4.. but since i left it has worried me a bit about having these different alloys..
    can anyone tell me what difference it would make to have these alloys on the car in terms of performance, safety etc?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

coco06 wrote: »
    Hi
    I went to look at a car at the weekend (Audi 1.9 SE TDI) yer man said the new alloys on them were from an A4.. but since i left it has worried me a bit about having these different alloys..
    can anyone tell me what difference it would make to have these alloys on the car in terms of performance, safety etc?

thanks

So it's an Audi with Audi A4 wheels...??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

dgt wrote: »
    So it's an Audi with Audi A4 wheels...??? :confused:

Sorry.. its an A3 with A4 alloys on..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Sorry.. its an A3 with A4 alloys on..

Are the OEM? There shouldn't really be anything to be concerned about to be honest.

Unless they're too big and make the ride uncomfortable for you etc... Or they are bad, cheap Reps, that could have some drawbacks. But otherwise I'm not sure what safety or other concerns you might have?

People have been putting after market alloys onto their cars since the Alloy wheel was created. :)

dar83 wrote: »
    Are the OEM? There shouldn't really be anything to be concerned about to be honest.

Unless they're too big and make the ride uncomfortable for you etc... Or they are bad, cheap Reps, that could have some drawbacks. But otherwise I'm not sure what safety or other concerns you might have?

People have been putting after market alloys onto their cars since the Alloy wheel was created. :)

thanks. not sure if they are oem to be honest..
    have looked at the car and i am just getting to the finer details about it now to see if its a good deal etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Post a picture of a similar wheel maybe?

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    Post a picture of a similar wheel maybe?

here is the wheels on the car i am looking at..
    I am in two minds about the car... any advise/experience with one similar from you guys would be great..

its A3 1.9 SE TDI
    61k miles

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They look to be replicas of the newer A6 wheels. Don't look well imo.

They are replical wheels. The quality of replicas varies greatly - some are perfectly fine, others are rubbish. I'd try and get the original wheels if that's possible.

EPM wrote: »
    They are replical wheels. The quality of replicas varies greatly - some are perfectly fine, others are rubbish. I'd try and get the original wheels if that's possible.

i would have to invest in getting originals myself then i would say.. starting to change my mind now on buying this, appreciate the advice given already guys/gals

i would have to invest in getting originals myself then i would say.. starting to change my mind now on buying this, appreciate the advice given already guys/gals

I wouldnt let that turn you off. What you would sell those for will have you a decent set of original wheels secondhand no problem at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement