Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internal roof rot help!!!!!

Options
  • 20-02-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi guys i have a 1996 6 berth bessacar with a major problem now i discovered that the roof was leaking and the internal roof started to sag,when i pulled away some of the tape joining 2 of the roof panels i discovered they extent of the rot the timber backing of the panels is completeley rotting .
    Now i cant afford to bring it to a camper fixerupper so im pretty handy myself so was going to tackle it myself maybe.Has anyone attemted this before i would be gratefull for any advice like for example does the roof need to come off for this job (plastic roof by the way) if so best way to this,can it be done from the inside easier and also where can i get the roof panels for the roof
    cheers lads lookin forward to replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I has a window leak and do the same to a pannel only much smaller got it fixed by http://www.petersrepairservice.net/ he's a plumber but used to fix caravans if you are in dublin it could be worth getting a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

never took the outside fully off a MH , I always rebuilt them from the inside out .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DG22

cheers aidan can you tell me wqhere id get the replacement sheets for the internal roof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

we have some , can you get me a picture of your interior and I'll see if they're similar?

Advertisement