Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 3 series

Options
  • 20-02-2012 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm looking to change my car. I currently drive a peugeot 207 and it's driving my crazy getting to work in it. I have a 100 mile commute to work every day so looking for a lot more comfort. Would the 2 litre variant be a good option. Is it reliable. This is one i'm interested in possibly buying and just wanted your thoughts on would it be a good purchase. Any other recommendations for a commute like i have. My budget is about 13000-15000 including trade in. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭romperstomper

get the 320d. same economy for extra 30bhp. plus its remapable to 215bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

318d still has a respectable 143bhp from the factory, can be remapped to circa 180bhp easily. I would not disregard it just because it is not a 320d.

OP, it's a standard SE model, looks like it could be ex-fleet, might be worth sending R.O.R a pm as it could have been on his books which would be a major plus as he may have a run down on it's history. If not then ring the garages that serviced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bazz26 wrote: »
    318d still has a respectable 143bhp from the factory, can be remapped to circa 180bhp easily. I would not disregard it just because it is not a 320d.

OP, it's a standard SE model, looks like it could be ex-fleet, might be worth sending R.O.R a pm as it could have been on his books which would be a major plus as he may have a run down on it's history. If not then ring the garages that serviced it.

I'm guessing that's an ex. Haines fleet car, mainly by the fact it's being sold by Haines Fleet, and there is a pic with a big Haines Fleet sign behind it ;) :pac: (not me so)

Price looks pretty reasonable and while the mileage is relatively high, if looked after properly they are well able for much more mileage.

320d would be preferable, but there is enough go in a 318d to make decent progress. Full beige cloth interior wouldn't be my thing (and something I always try to disuade people from ordering) as they are a nightmare to keep clean - even water stains the seats and means a seat shampoo to get them back to looking good.

Biggest issue I'd have is that the standard seats are not the best in the BMW's - Lumbar Support is an option (so rare to see it on Irish cars)so they are lacking in support and not great if you have any sort of back issues - probably better than a 207 though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought from haines Fleet before, an E90 320d.
    It had full service history with Joe Duffy bMW, everything, even wipers and tyres from Duffys!

I had it about 3 months and i sent it to BMW on one of those free health check up things, they came back with one or two little things and haines authorised the work to be done there and then.

Top quality and good service, i'd deffo recommend them if happy with the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement