Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Badly damaged alloy

Options
  • 19-02-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi all,
    i've one very badly damaged alloy on my 2006 ford mondeo. it's the standard mondeo alloy for that car (i think it's 185 60 R16).

any idea where i can pick up one of these alloys....a scrap yard or something?
    after a botch repair attempt it definetly needs to be replaced. i'm based in Dublin at the moment.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    seamy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,992 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What kind of damage, are you talking cracked or just scuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 seamy1

3 major flat spots on the inner rim (10mm depression in each case). it's just short of been like a Fred Flintstone wheel :rolleyes:

correction it's 205 55 r16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

If you have no joy, try these lads - http://kilcockcardismantlers.com My Mazda was broken into before Christmas and the f**kers wrecked the inside of the car, including the ignition barrell, steering column cowl etc, and I went up to these lads and got everything I needed. When you go through to the yard, they have a large selection of alloys and wheel trims, you can pick what you need. Or if you want, one of the lads will get it for you.

fair play, thanks for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement