Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window tint removal

Options
  • 19-02-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendation for window tint removal? I tried Shades but their hours are inconvenient. If there were anywhere convenient to the city centre or that opened before 9am (or weekends) then this would be ideal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Stanley blade and ya will have it off in no time. Very easy to get off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hot steam washer and peel it back one window at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I thought that the glue residue was the main problem. I'll probably get new tints as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I've booked in with Vision FX. I can leave the car with them in the morning at 8:30am and pick it up at lunch time. Price was same as Shades too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Waste of money. All you need to do is get it started and peel, slowly and gently. Glue residue only stays if you hurry the job, and meths will get nearly anything off a window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Advertisement