Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who was the best singer?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭

Out of Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore, who was the better singer.

We all know they were incredible guitar players, but I want to know who had the better voice... ;)

Who was the better singer? 10 votes

Rory Gallagher
    0%
    Gary Moore
    70%
    BluefoamFurious-Red[Deleted User]GoldenTicketsElrolloRothkofunkymilk92 7 votes
    The Edge (cough)
    30%
    Catari Jaguarbuck65greendom 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Gary Moore
    Rory. And there's absolutely no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Edge (cough)
    I prefer Gary's personally. Down to personal taste I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Gary Moore
    I like Rory's voice more although they were both good singers.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I believe there is no such thing as 'the best' when it comes to music or singing, it's always gonna be preference!

I like both Gary and Rory tbh. They fall into the acquired taste vocals I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The Edge (cough)
    Both.
    Their guitar playing was what they were famous for. Singing came second and they did it just fine. One could say that Rory was a more natural singer but equally that Gary was more versatile singing both blues and metal.
    Don't ask who was the better guitarist though, things could get ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Gary Moore
    Poll added! Personally, I think Rory played a mean mandolin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Gary Moore
    To the angry person who posted and then deleted their post... This thread is just a bit of fun. The eternal question is, which one of these guys was the best guitarist. There is no answer to this & I was only having a laugh by putting up the poll - take it as such.

On the other hand, I honestly can stop playing this clip recently:

Here is an awesome clip for ballance:

We're lucky to have two of the most amazing players from our little country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The Edge (cough)
    Pity they're dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Gary Moore
    Rory Gallagher in my opinion, smashing vocals/guitar on Hail same with Catfish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Bluefoam wrote: »
    To the angry person who posted and then deleted their post... This thread is just a bit of fun. The eternal question is, which one of these guys was the best guitarist. There is no answer to this & I was only having a laugh by putting up the poll - take it as such.
    We're lucky to have two of the most amazing players from our little country...

Take it easy Bluefoam. The title of your poll is "Who was the best singer?" so I expected here discussion about the greatest past singers.

In my opinion the real name for this should be something like "which one of these guys was the best guitarist (Rory Gallagher, Gary Moore or Atari Jaguar)" just to make it clear that you're only making fun of two great musicians. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement