Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spare tyre with second-hand car?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Not sure of my rights on this:

Bought a second-hand car from a dealer about a month ago, just discovered at the weekend that there's no spare tyre in the boot. Obviously i should have checked this before buying, but i didn't. This should have been provided, right?? Or am i wrong? Just want to be sure of what i'm entitled to before i call the guy who sold me the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

Many cars don't come with a spare wheel nowadays. What make?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭LovelyLottie

It's a Honda Jazz. But there's a space for the spare tyre, jack is there, and just a big empty space where the tyre should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a private sale, so unfortunately, you have no rights in this situation. You can of course contact the seller, but he does not have to give you any satisfaction.

I bought it from a garage - i have a 6 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah, my bad - don't know how I missed that.

• Advertisement

So can i demand the tyre??? (in a nice polite way obviously) :)

Sorry mods - think i posted this in the wrong place - could you move to Motors? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

So can i demand the tyre??? (in a nice polite way obviously) :)

Was the wheel there when you inspected the car and removed later? If so then yes you are entitled one. If it wasn't there or you never checked then hard luck.

I don't think there is a legal requirement to carry a spare wheel and it's not even an NCT requirement.

I never checked :(

I'm new to the buying cars game...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I never checked :(

I'm new to the buying cars game...

Just go back and ask politely saying you expected a spare wheel with the car. You never know, it could have been sitting in the corner all along.
    Even a wheel without a tyre would be something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Just go back and ask politely saying you expected a spare wheel with the car. You never know, it could have been sitting in the corner all along.
    Even a wheel without a tyre would be something.

I was given one of those once, and it turned out to be an inch smaller in diameter than the other four.:pac:

Advertisement