Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perl Scripting Server - Client Question about Client Response.

Options
  • 19-02-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I have a socket server and client running using the use Sockets;
    procedural perl programming.

I ask the client a question via printing to its handle from the server.

as for the response i am currently doing a STDIN from the clients side and printing it to the server handle. is there any way that i can have the keyboard input request code reside on the server side?

and just literally have the client just connecting and interacting with the server?

if not i will leave as i have. even tho client code is getting quite bulky at the moment.

if anyone can point in right direction - i will find solution myself, i just dont what to be trying to do something that you just cant do.

thanks

neonitrix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Are you running a daemon on the server that accepts local commands? You could allow ssh access

Advertisement