Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Sertraline (Antidepressents in general)

Options
  • 19-02-2012 6:42pm
    Site Banned Posts: 41

Diagnosed with major depression last week and was prescribed 50mg serlan /sertraline, Im just wondering how much do these costs a month, doctor said try it for a 'few' months so does that mean 3 months for a trial to see how it goes or what ? anyway does anyone know in ireland generally how much this will cost me as i am a student and am struggling enough with bills etc, anyone else on sertraline?? (generic for zoloft/lustral)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

rain10 wrote: »
    Diagnosed with major depression last week and was prescribed 50mg serlan /sertraline, Im just wondering how much do these costs a month, doctor said try it for a 'few' months so does that mean 3 months for a trial to see how it goes or what ? anyway does anyone know in ireland generally how much this will cost me as i am a student and am struggling enough with bills etc, anyone else on sertraline?? (generic for zoloft/lustral)

thanks

You should consider posting this in the thread under long term illness - lets all be anxious and depressed together - everyone there has experience with depression anxiety.
    Usually takes a few wks for drugs to even start working so you'll probably be on them for a few months - 3 at least - to see if you feel better.
    Be prepared to feel worse at first, even anxiety wise, but dont give up because of this...tell your doc.... there will be light at the end of the tunnel...
    not sure re cost of those meds..but someone else will...
    are you entitled to a medical card?
    best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I was on Lustral 50mg for a while, I had mine dispensed weekly and I think it was around the 8 euro mark. I wouldn't be 100% sure 'cause that was a while ago and I was on many different anti-d's.

As for the trial, I imagine your GP means to see how you go on this one. Sometimes it takes a while to find an anti-d that works for you. Or you could be lucky and this could be the one for you.

Advertisement