Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade or buy a new bike??

Options
  • 19-02-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I bought a relaigh airlite 100 last year as my first bike to see if I liked it and now Im thinking of doing a few sportives and charity cycles this year, but im wondering if I should invest in better wheels and tyres and a carbon seatpost or cut my losses and go for the felt f85 or simalir
    Comfort is important to me I hope to do a few 100k+ spins this year
    any advice very welcome

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/airlite-100-p152963

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

091chippy wrote: »
    I bought a relaigh airlite 100 last year as my first bike to see if I liked it and now Im thinking of doing a few sportives and charity cycles this year, but im wondering if I should invest in better wheels and tyres and a carbon seatpost or cut my losses and go for the felt f85 or simalir
    Comfort is important to me I hope to do a few 100k+ spins this year
    any advice very welcome
    I guess it depends on what your budget is? And how much you want to upgrade the parts on your bike by.

I was in a similar situation, went for the new bike option and am so glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

I am not familiar with your current bike but if you think the frame is ok then upgrades will get it just way you want it.

Any off the shelf bike will be a compromise of parts. Something really good here and some not so great elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 091chippy

I seen the felt f85 for €985 and read alot of good reviews but not sure that thare is alot of difference with my own bike
    not really sure what to look for in the line of new wheel and tyres

Advertisement