Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike to work question

Options
  • 19-02-2012 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm currently unemployed at the moment due to an injury. My sister owns her own business and said that she would gladly put the bike mountain bike I'm looking at getting through the scheme as if was her buying it.

How exactly does this work? Do I just pay her the full price and ill get whatever back in due time or will she get back the tax straightaway?

I know how the scheme works but not how the money side would work for me in this situation.

Could anyone fill me in?

I Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You can only take part if you are a PAYE employer. Getting someone else to buy you a bike under the BTW scheme is illegal.

There's a dedicated BTW thread linked from the FAQ section

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement