Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower fitting issue

Options
  • 19-02-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

hi,

im looking for a shower mixer to install in a new bathroom in my house.
    the tiling and enclosure are all done.

i now understand that the normal thing is to have two coppers coming out through the wall to fit to the mixer valve.

instead i have a brass wall plate behind the tiles with two female threads for connection.

apart for one very cheap looking mixer, any of the showers the i have seen on sale aren't for this sort of fitting.

have i limited my choice badly by having this wall plate instead of coppers?

i really don't want to have to do major surgery on the wall.

any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You wont have to do major fitting. The wall plate is a mounting to support the shower. Its used for bar valves. There is a lot of these around. Some actually look quite good. However if you dont have a pump you will need a low pressure one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭sully123

Thanks Joey,

ill get searching.
    im gonna get a pump also.
    there are some quite reasonable stuart turner ones.
    1.5 bar for around 160 from taps4less.ie

but on the shower issue.
    im hoping it won't be an issue, but one of the wall brackets is slightly set back from the other into the wall. maybe 8 mm in the difference.
    might be able to make it out in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Thats actually not a brass wall plate. Its just 2 fittings. However you will still need a bar valve and dont worry about it. Provided the centres match it will plumb fine.

Advertisement