Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet scam

Options
  • 19-02-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, Im not sure this is the correct forum to post this on but here goes. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience of using a website called JustAnswer.com. I signed up to this today to ask a question about a car, gave my credit card number, clicked proceed and then panicked. The website said there was someone waiting to answer me but i did not proceed to find out his answer. I rang my bank immediately to find out that 15 euro has been paid to JustAnswer and the bank cannot put a stop on my account for further transactions from this website. They advised me to send an email cancelling my dealings with JustAnswer which I did. It seems i have to wait until I get my next bill before I can dispute any further payments.
    Does anyone have any experience of this. Any help would be appreciated and I am really worried. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not a scam but you should have really asked your question on one of the forums here, personally i'd be canceling my credit card straight away just to be on the safe side but it's not a scam. There are experts on it but there also here for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bernieobr

Thank DrunkMonkey for your reply. I have never done something like this before and I'm scared. I cant understand how the bank cant put a stop on my card being used. I even asked them to stop it being used completely even by me. As there is a balance due on the card (which I couldnt just pay off) I dont think I can cancel my account. Hope you are right about it not being a scam, I dont want to be charged every month for nothing.

I take your point that there are experts on this website for free so i will post my question under a forum relating to cars.

Advertisement