Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity cycle 19/05/2012

Options
  • 19-02-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I'd appreciate it if the mods let me put this up here.
    http://www.cycle4life.ie/
    It's a charity to help the intensive care unit in Temple street childrens hospital. There are 3 different spins on it. A family spin of between 5 and 15km's, a mid level of 67km's and for the very fit there is a 132km spin. I will be doing the 67km spin myself. I am out for spins on good days around north meath and if there are any regular meets, i would like to join in to help me get into proper shape. The only benefit to this thread is to get the awareness out there about this great cause.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

If there's one way to guarantee a low turnout, then charging 80 euro is probably a good way of going about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

LeftBlank wrote: »
    If there's one way to guarantee a low turnout, then charging 80 euro is probably a good way of going about it.

I think it's 80 euro of sponsorship they're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mc mc

LeftBlank wrote: »
    If you have had children in hospital 80 euros is not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

should'nt be hard to scrape 80 euro of donations for you to go on this cycle. the more raised the better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

It's a long year with a lot of events, I also think 80euro is to dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

€30 entry + €50 of donations probably isn't too much to ask. Bit stiff to ask for it up front though. It would be better to set up a system where you pay your €30 and then get a portal through which people can sponsor you. On balance you'll easily get €80 per participant.

Actually, looking at it you also get a jersey. That's gotta be costing them at least €25 a pop, so I can see why they want the cash up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Personally this particular cause is about as worthy as you can get. I'll gladly pay €80 plus whatever else I can raise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Anyone know what time it starts at? can't seem to find it on the site. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

i think the family spin starts at 9am, 9:30am for the medium and 10 for the long one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

mad dave wrote: »
    i think the family spin starts at 9am, 9:30am for the medium and 10 for the long one.

Thanks. I found out from their Facebook page that the long starts at 8am, medium at 9 and i think 9.30 for the family cycle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement