Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Green Diesel Troubles

Options
  • 19-02-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

How's it going lads ?

I am just after buying cheap runabout van for week day use and i know that the fella i bought it off used green diesel as main source fuel while he had it.

Can anyone tell me implecations this has on me if i were to get dipped shortly after putting it on road and trace green still evident, can i show log book and receipts of diesel that i use white diesel to prove my case?

Some people told me use enginge flushing agents such as redex to clear out the system, but just curious of what can i do about this?

Thanks for any help or info ye have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Pretty much all the green stuff should be cleared out of the system after a tank or two I'd say. Keep your fuel receipts and the change of ownership details just in case you are dipped, but I don't see it being a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Change the fuel filter as well

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

I think the offense is using the green stuff regardless of who put it there. The excise people can be ruthless and prosecute no matter how reasonable your excuse is.

I attended a court case that had some similarities. They prosecuted a garage proprieter who was found with laundered diesel in his tank. He showed that he was a new tenant in the garage and showed his receipts for his fuel stocks. It was clear that the laundered stuff was put there by the previous tenent. However the Excise insisted that the offense was possession. The judge described it as harsh justice but his hands were tied by the law and he convicted.

Advertisement