Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Subjects for a TV Documentary Proposal

Options
  • 18-02-2012 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi folks!

I'm doing some research towards a proposal for a documentary that would be on RTE if it is accepted (as part of the 'Doc on the Box' initiative. My idea is around the impact of Facebook and the way different people use it and interact with it in their lives.

So, I want to know about how you use it, how many of your FB friends are you actually friends with, any positives or negatives, any obsessive/compulsive timeline checking/status updating?

So far, Terry McMahon - Writer/Director of multi-award winning feature film, 'Charlie Casanova' - has come on board to tell the story of how he managed to get the production from the page onto the screen through a Facebook status update.

Also, Jillian Godsil has come on board with the story of how she started trying to sell her house with a Facebook update and a youtube clip which went viral.

I'm also looking at the recent protests outside Facebook's Dublin offices in relation to their policy of removing pictures of mothers breastfeeding their children if another Facebook user reports them.

So, if you've got a story to tell or an opinion on anything Facebook related and would be willing to talk on camera - please PM me.

All the best, Barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Free Speech IE

Okay, I'm broadening this out. Anybody interested in talking about their 'online life' (Twitter, FB, Forums, blogs, etc.)? If you've got a bit of an online obsession/compulsion going on and you want to put the face behind the avatar on camera and talk about it, just PM me.

Cheers! Barry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement