Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SKoda using too much diesel

Options
  • 18-02-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

My skoda superb is using way too much fuel. 8-10l/100 in motorway driving.

It was fine until the TB blew (was replaced on time but broke with 40k to go.)

anyway Rods ? and valves and other bits and pieces replaced and car driving well except for its new habbit of guzzling fuel.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

SPCW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Can you translate that into MPG for us older folk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Possibly the timing a fraction off or, if they didn't replace all the valves, perhaps a couple are a fraction off causing a slight reduction on compression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Agreed, would she still have the same amount of power when driving, or would you feel you had to put the pedal to the floor more to get her up to speed? What mileage is on the car? Is it a diesel or the 1.6 petrol?

ksimpson wrote: »
    Can you translate that into MPG for us older folk?

30mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

AzureAuto wrote: »
    Agreed, would she still have the same amount of power when driving, or would you feel you had to put the pedal to the floor more to get her up to speed? What mileage is on the car? Is it a diesel or the 1.6 petrol?

There's a 1.6 petrol Skoda Superb?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Is it a diesel or the 1.6 petrol?

Seeing as the thread title is "using too much diesel" I hope he hasn't the petrol one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

166man wrote: »
    There's a 1.6 petrol Skoda Superb?:eek:

If you're shocked at that, how will you feel if I tell you there's a 1.4L petrol Superb!!! (1.4TSI pumping out 125bhp which, I think, is also used in the Passat.)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Possibly the timing a fraction off or, if they didn't replace all the valves, perhaps a couple are a fraction off causing a slight reduction on compression.
    thanks will look into that one.

128K 1.9 diesel.

Advertisement