Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitney Houston Funeral now on Sky News

Options
  • 18-02-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Possibly slightly controversial this, but have been watching on and off for the last 4 hours. It's an invited guest list. But I have yet to see a white face. Isn't this ever so slightly racist? Can you imagine the funeral of any renowned white singer without a multi-racial crowd? It was the same at Michael Jackson's funeral. 100% black. Come on folks, let the honkies in. We have rhythm too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

Possibly slightly controversial this, but have been watching on and off for the last 4 hours. It's an invited guest list. But I have yet to see a white face. Isn't this ever so slightly racist? Can you imagine the funeral of any renowned white singer without a multi-racial crowd? It was the same at Michael Jackson's funeral. 100% black. Come on folks, let the honkies in. We have rhythm too.

so Kevin conster is not white in your eyes.

You have to think it was a black community she grew in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

you must have missed Kevin Costner he got good airtime and spoke very well. Dont make assumptions if you havent watched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are you sure they're not just very very very very very very dark blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

cena wrote: »
    so Kevin conster is not white in your eyes.

You have to think it was a black community she grew in

Missed Costner. Exception that proves the rule I suppose. But most whites grew up in a white community. Imagine she was white and this was an all-white show. It would be be simply unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

Missed Costner. Exception that proves the rule I suppose. But most whites grew up in a white community. Imagine she was white and this was an all-white show. It would be be simply unacceptable.

I think white people would allow coloured people to come.

I feel this church could just be for black people just by the way the mass is been said

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I don't care if they're Black, White, Pink Yellow or Green.

I haven't seen such playing up to the TV cameras at a funeral since Elton John at Westminster Abbey in 1997.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Could you not let the Woman's family and friends bury her without demanding a contrived Politically Correct staged affair is arranged to suit someone watching on Sky News who can't be bothered getting his facts correct before he logs onto Boards to rant about it?

cena wrote: »
    I think white people would allow coloured people to come.

I feel this church could just be for black people just by the way the mass is been said

In the same way you'd get a church just for white people. Right so....

WTF, I just turned on Sky News and I see loads of white people ffs.

Skid wrote: »
    Could you not let the Woman's family and friends bury her without demanding a contrived Politically Correct staged affair is arranged to suit someone watching on Sky News who can't be bothered getting his facts correct before he logs onto Boards to rant about it?

I'll correct you there. Politically UNCORRECT.

• Advertisement

In the same way you'd get a church just for white people. Right so....
    There are no churches for just white or black people, but there are communities that are predominantly white and there are communities that are predominantly black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'll correct you there. Politically UNCORRECT.

No read my post again.

What you are looking for is a Politically Correct seating arrangement where some white and other ethnicities are seated so that they can be seen on Television.

And it's Politically incorrect, not politically uncorrect.

Bloody hell. It's over!! 4 freaking hours. See they let whitey in at the end.

Skid wrote: »
    No read my post again.

What you are looking for is a Politically Correct seating arrangement where some white and other ethnicities are seated so that they can be seen on Television.

And it's Politically incorrect, not politically uncorrect.

No, what I was actually looking for was anything remotely resembling the demographics of modern America. As a white male why am I not allowed to be offended by this broadcast?

No, what I was actually looking for was anything remotely resembling the demographics of modern America. As a white male why am I not allowed to be offended by this broadcast?
    3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus Christ. You turn your back for an hour ..... *grumble* *grumble*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement