Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book problem

Options
  • 18-02-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering what happens, if a potential buyer signed the logbook, but then changed their mind and didn't buy the car. So it's signed by their name now. Do I have to get a new one?

If someone else comes and buy the car, can I tipp-ex out the previous persons name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tippex is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Buffman

Signing the car over should be the last thing you do, after you've received payment. Once you're paid, it's sold, no come back with a private sale.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

I know, just as she was driving away, airbag warning light came on :( what a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Buffman

Peppapig wrote: »
    I know, just as she was driving away, airbag warning light came on :( what a killer!

Aw, bummer. Well, fair play for fair taking it back, you didn't have to. Did you offer to get it fixed for her or is she now not interested in the car?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

Well turns out it was just a connection, and Nissan didnt even charge me for anything. However, the woman is looking for a hefty reduction in the asking price! So I let her on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement