Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuff

• 18-02-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Baby Lando was just finished playing in an empty box when the OH came in to remove it to the re cycleing bin. I said " dont throw that out its a good sturdy box and could come in handy for putting things in" Says she" like what?" " stuff " I replied and she agreed. This got me thinking of what a great word stuff is and should be used to describe stuff we cant think of at the moment . Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Oi Lando, get stuffed if you think this has any discussion value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Don't damn well tell me to discuss such a crock of ****. Good day to you Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

joshrogan wrote: »
    Oi Lando, get stuffed if you think this has any discussion value.
    Damn blowin. If you don't like a thread, you hijack it, not stoop to crassness.
    Lrn2AH plz, there are certain standards expected around here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"Stuff" is the **** you don't need. It's baggage. Dump that "stuff". Free yourself from the tyranny of society's expectations.

Society says to keep that old laptop charger, it might come in handy. I say dump it.

Society says to keep that stack of old magazines, they might be worth something. I say dump it.

Society says to keep those family tapes, you can show them to your grandchildren. I say dump them.

Join me as I live my life free of all the unnecessary "stuff", free of social expectations. Be free.

Posted from my iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

'Thingy' best word ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Nevore wrote: »
    Damn blowin. If you don't like a thread, you hijack it, not stoop to crassness.
    Lrn2AH plz, there are certain standards expected around here. :rolleyes:
    Hmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I prefer "bits 'n bobs" myself, although I always wonder how to distinguish one from the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭Archeron

I prefer "bits 'n bobs" myself, although I always wonder how to distinguish one from the other.

Bits is female stuff, bobs are male stuff. Like say a comb, thats male, so a bob. On the other hand, a decorative spoon is female, therefore a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Baby Lando was just finished playing in an empty box when the OH came in to remove it to the re cycleing bin. I said " dont throw that out its a good sturdy box and could come in handy for putting things in" Says she" like what?" " stuff " I replied and she agreed. This got me thinking of what a great word stuff is and should be used to describe stuff we cant think of at the moment . Discuss.
    Archeron wrote: »
    Bits is female stuff, bobs are male stuff. Like say a comb, thats male, so a bob. On the other hand, a decorative spoon is female, therefore a bit.

You are all hilariously wrong!

It's thingymajigs (works best when said by Dylan Moran)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Archeron wrote: »

Good answer but I'm confused about drill bits. I mean, by their nature they are clearly male, so should we start calling them drill bobs?

Also what's your take on "odds and ends"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*Off to start a thread in Ranting and Raving about "Discuss".*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yokeymebobs.

Advertisement