Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to transfer insurance to new car but it's the weekend :(

Options
  • 18-02-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey. I got a new car last night and I was able to drive it on open insurance. I intended on waking up early enough to transfer my insurance this morning but being on the night shift I didn't wake up before 1pm :(
    I can't continue to drive it on open insurance as the guy I bought it from has gotten a new car himself this morning and has transferred his insurance to that car (he's not on the night obviously) so there is now no insurance on my car.
    My insurance policy is with Allianz. Is there any way I can sort this out so I have an insured car to drive this weekend or am I grounded until Monday?
    I am half tempted to sign up to 123.ie online. If I do that will I be 100% covered...do they not have to also contact allianz and inform them that I have jumped ship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hey. I got a new car last night and I was able to drive it on open insurance. I intended on waking up early enough to transfer my insurance this morning but being on the night shift I didn't wake up before 1pm :(
    I can't continue to drive it on open insurance as the guy I bought it from has gotten a new car himself this morning and has transferred his insurance to that car (he's not on the night obviously) so there is now no insurance on my car.
    My insurance policy is with Allianz. Is there any way I can sort this out so I have an insured car to drive this weekend or am I grounded until Monday?
    I am half tempted to sign up to 123.ie online. If I do that will I be 100% covered...do they not have to also contact allianz and inform them that I have jumped ship?

Why don't you just ring allianz and ask them to transfer your insurance to new car?
    I know their regular help-line is closed during weekend, but they will be happy to transfer your insurance if you ring them on their 24h emergency number. 1890-484848

I'm with them as well. last year I bought a car late Saturday evening.
    I rang them before on Friday to ask what should I do if I buy car on weekend, and I was adviced to ring the Emergency service. So I did on saturday, and they did transfer my insurance temporarily until Monday 10am, and I was adviced I need to contact normal customer service on Monday morning if I want to stay insured.

Hope this helps/.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Chimerical32

You're some legend! Thank you. I just did exactly what you suggested :)

Advertisement