Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Seatbelt casing

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29

Hello

Have my nct Monday morning. I've everything up to scratch I hope, my plan is to just do it. If it fails, I'll fix what I'm told to fix.

Only thing bothering me is one of the seat belt cases in the back seat. By case I mean the thing you click the belt into. The case is missing so all that's visible is the metal interior. The functionality is fine; the belt works perfectly.

Is this something I might be failed on? Car is a 2000 corolla.

Thanks

Shee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hard to say. It might come down to the tester and their mood :rolleyes:

I think it should pass but I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will probably be ok.
    If it fails it'll just be a visual retest so free .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Its good enough for the D.O.E anyway, although I know the N.C.T can be harder to please.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 da_shee

Had the NCT this morning. It failed but the things I have to get done are very easy and the re-test costs nothing. Guy said I could pop in anytime in the next month.

Need to put a rubber cover on my clutch and replace an indicator light that is "incorrect/different".

So I'm pretty ok with the outcome overall, was worried they'd find something big and costly given the car is 10 years old!

Thanks for replies.

Shee

Advertisement