Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatline compact gas boiler problems

Options
  • 18-02-2012 4:03pm

Hi, we have a heatline compact boiler installed in 2006 and it keeps cutting out, we can restart it and it might come on for 5 mins or 2 hours, the gas supply is constant so its not a calor problem (i think .....but ill doublecheck with them), there are two led warning lights on. One says "check burner ionisation probe or gas flow." and the other says "overheat safety thermostat". Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem. I have a tenant in the house and its about 45 mins drive away so i cant go look at it until during the week,

Also can anyone recommend a good but cheapish gas installer/plumber (am i asking too much :)) ) in the east cork/west waterford area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gone_fishing

the overheat stat could be gone, telling the boiler it has over heated when it hasnt. on the other side the boiler could genuinly be overheating which could mean there is a blockage or the circulatong pump could be gone. Kinda need a bit more info really. as for getting an rgi best check the rgi website

Thanks for the tip gone fishing,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

I have a problem with one of these boilers too. It can take up to a dozen resets to get it going (It is a C24 boiler) When it locks out the extreme right hand LED is lit, Flame or gas failure. When I eventually do get it going it may burn for several days but will fail again if I adjust the temperature. I have been told its the circuit board, the board will cost €250 with no guarantee of it fixing the problem and no refund if it doesn't! Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Heatline boilers are no longer sold in Ireland, but I will M you both the phone number of the guy who was the warranty man for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I looked after a lot of them boilers and it sounds like the pc board alright.

time to get an rgii man out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

I looked after a lot of them boilers and it sounds like the pc board alright.

time to get an rgii man out!

I have had the board out myself and found some dry joints on it. The problem came back six weeks after I repaired them. Where can I order one of these boards?

Thanks for all the advice i'll call an rgi man now. I just want to know what to say to him so he won't take me for a mug. Roy rogers if you are in the ardmore area of west waterford or east cork, you are more than welcome to have a go at our boiler (as long as you are RGI qualified)

Thanks Marcc but it wouldn't pay for me to travel about 200miles on a return trip but you will find someone from the rgii web site. just hope that them pc boards can be got down there handy enough as DGOBS says heatline are not in this country anymore!! and getting parts can sometimes be a pain. but if you have any trouble getting parts just drop us a PM and I'll see what can be done.

Have to agree with the diagnoses of others, the circuit board sounds like its knackered. Last time I had to get a part for one of those boilers it had to come from the UK but a little birdy told me that heatons out near ballyfermot has a few second hand ones of those boilers out the bike and some times can be convinced to let you buy a part off them. hope that helps

Note to the service guys, for some of the a rated heatlines take a really close look at some of he older a rated glow worms, same boiler, get your parts from CF Quadrant

• Advertisement

Thanks DGOBS thats a handy one to know cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smiggy

would anyone have a faulty pcb for a heatline boiler need some parts off one

Yes, but wouldn't give them to people
    A, don't know you
    B, don't know if your gas registered
    C, that board has a LOT of control over gas ignition rates etc so would suggest you don't feck with it
    D, buy a new board, it's safer and under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Sorry to drag up this old thread but My heatline has stopped working and I've been told its about 400 for a new PCB.
    Seems a lot more than the 250 above!!
    Am I getting screwed by the airtricity serviceman (never had a problem in 7 years till he airtricity serviced them 6 months ago)?

Any advice appreciated, sorry for draggin up an old thread.

hi deegs. What part of the country are you in?? And what model is it..
    some parts for heatlines are hard to come by these days but 400 euro is not the worst price I have heard for a PCB.
    PCBs were common to go on them boilers and getting 7 trouble free years was a blessing.
    I know lots of people who through them out after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

deegs wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up this old thread but My heatline has stopped working and I've been told its about 400 for a new PCB.
    Seems a lot more than the 250 above!!
    Am I getting screwed by the airtricity serviceman (never had a problem in 7 years till he airtricity serviced them 6 months ago)?

Any advice appreciated, sorry for draggin up an old thread.

What's the problem exactly ?

Thanks guys,
    I'm in east Cork.

Its a S20S and it just stopped working, it tries to start but cant.
    Warning lights are overheat thermostat or flames or gas failure.

Callout guy, told my wife he could smell burning from the pcb.
    As a debug tech myself I'd be very surprised if he could smell a 4 day old short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

deegs wrote: »
    Warning lights are overheat thermostat or flames or gas failure.

All of which can be tested & confirmed to be functional or disfunctional. Only then would I confirm the PCB. Care must be taken to ensure that the fault did not blow the PCB & therefore not reoccur.

He was there for 10 minutes with the wife yesterday and turned off the gas and water as he said it wasnt safe. He is sure its the PCB.
    Can anyone tell me where to get the PCB for a S20S and how much it would cost?
    My wife is expecting a phone call from airtricity today telling her she needs to pay "another" 86 euro call out chage and 4-500 for a new pcb...

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I had one of them that gave me trouble. my gas man got the parts here http://keeptheheaton.com ,not sure if they deliver to ireland as we got someone to collect the parts in the uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Hi,
    Am having trouble with my Heatline combi boiler in Bray, it is providing fluctuating water temperature at constant pressure. The heating aspect seems to be working OK.

I have contacted 5 RGI installers in Bray, no one is interested in the job.. If anyone knows a gas installer who WILL service a Heatline boiler or has experience with those boilers please mail me, I beg you!

Bloody Heatons should never have imported these boilers

Thanks!

Ring Noel Nooney +353 (87) 816 8897
    He's the ex warranty man, and not a million miles from you!

Sounds like your inlet filter is blocked or the DHW heatexcahnger is scaled up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

DGOBS wrote: »
    Ring Noel Nooney +353 (87) 816 8897
    He's the ex warranty man, and not a million miles from you!

Sounds like your inlet filter is blocked or the DHW heatexcahnger is scaled up

Thanks man, I made contact with Philip from gasparts.ie and he seems happy enough to take a look at it tomorrow, if not I will follow up with Noel.

Cheers!

Advertisement