Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comedy clubs in Cork?

• 18-02-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Recently moved to Cork and am trying to find a decent comedy club. There's an abundance of them back in Dublin but doesn't seem to be much of a scene down here. City Limits is the only one I've found, not much info on their website though. Anyone know if there are shows every weekend?
    Cheers,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pretty sure Pat O' Shea is still running gigs there. back when I was gigging (some 2 years ago?) he had a great club called the Craichouse running. Worth looking him up and seeing what he's up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There's a Rebel's Comedy Club there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Galvasean wrote: »
    Pretty sure Pat O' Shea is still running gigs there. back when I was gigging (some 2 years ago?) he had a great club called the Craichouse running. Worth looking him up and seeing what he's up to.

Craichouse is gone as far as I know. I've been looking for comedy nights around Cork myself and have had trouble finding anything. Seems very quiet at the moment.

Went to Rebels there on Friday night to see what it was like. It was very good. They've a nice set up there. Ross Browne was headlining and was great. Lively crowd though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Went to Rebels there on Friday night to see what it was like. It was very good. They've a nice set up there. Ross Browne was headlining and was great. Lively crowd though!
    I was there last night, used a voucher nine euro for two with a free pint each, let's just say the free pint was the best part of it.
    The mc was ok but he went round all the people asking what's your name where do you come from and what do you do, I found this a bit boring and intrusive, two of my friends left after two acts and the two of us left at the interval. Worst comedy show I've been to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

I been to Rebels before and enjoyed it very much. Stand up comedy is of course hit and miss. Most MC's do go around asking name's and job's. Esp in a small room like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

i have been to lots of comedy nights before, the comedy store in london several times, jongleurs comedy club, all around the uk, never have i seen anything as poor and embarrassing as this, all the audience seemed to be friends and family of the acts, who couldnt tell a joke if they read it from a cracker, the room is too small, considering the bar downstairs had a huge room at the back that was empty and would have been alot better.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    0/10 for me and the rest of my friends

I was there on Friday myself, performing actually, so not touching this one with a ten foot pole! There were plenty of people who enjoyed the night though. It was packed again, and had a fair few people coming up to me afterwards saying how much the enjoyed it, so not everyone had the same experience. Comedy's so subjective you can't make everyone laugh, especially if they don't stay around for the whole show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Snatch Improv perform in the Roundy Bar in a regular basis. Not sure if there is other comedy on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 worthkill

http://www.facebook.com/corkcomedyclub

AkA...The CoCo Club.. Runs in Coughlans on Douglas Street every other Saturday. Its a lovely room with a bar and a fantastic Smoking area. It fills up nicely and can hold up to 50 folk seated. They have Peter Carroll as resident mc and he is utterly amazing mixing comedy with mind reading. Cornelius Patrick runs the club and usually does a spot too. There is never anymore than five acts on in any given night but mainly its four acts including the headliner. Its a fiver to get in and for that you also receive a free pint or a mineral. Definitely worth a visit, i highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Grobbelaar

I've played at the coco club and really enjoyed it, seems to be going from strength to strength and doesn't get bogged down with an over abundance of comics which prevents the audience from being comedy drained. Anyways €13 euro for 4 tickets and 4 bears plus good comedy cant really beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I was there on Friday myself, performing actually, so not touching this one with a ten foot pole! There were plenty of people who enjoyed the night though. It was packed again, and had a fair few people coming up to me afterwards saying how much the enjoyed it, so not everyone had the same experience. Comedy's so subjective you can't make everyone laugh, especially if they don't stay around for the whole show.

I've been in Rebels and it's a great club. And I totes even don't know you. If Kanye West had ever been in Rebel's, when he grabbed the mic off of Taylor Swift that night he would have been like "I'm sorry, and I am going to let you finish, but Rebel's comedy club is the greatest club of all time. Of all time." Then he would have thrown the mic to the floor.

It's such a warm room. It's a fantastic room.

Advertisement