Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mobile speed camera question?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Whilst driving on the N2 during the week, there was one of those mobile speed camera vans parked on the opposite side of the road on to me. I have always assumed that these vans take readings for the same side of the road they are on, (i.e. cars approaching the rear of the van).

The strange thing is people who had passed the van were flashing their headlights at me to warn me about the van. Can the vans take readings on traffic approaching the rear of the van and traffic on the opposite side moving away from the rear of the van? I always assumed they couldn't but would like the matter put to bed.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I was not speeding.

Comments

Advertisement