Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fringe S04E13 "A Better Human Being" [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 18-02-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty decent episode this week, but the siblings story seemed play second fiddle to the Olivia/Peter story (rather than the other way round).

Kind of annoyed at the ending though. It was a bit of a cop out from more interesting possibilities.

Verdict? 24 votes

Fringetastic
    0% 0 votes
    Very good
    29% 7 votes
    Average
    62% 15 votes
    Poor
    8% 2 votes
    I miss the blue universe
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

knew she going was going to get kidnapped early on, they're playing the 'ol pretend you're kidnapped with your captor game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i dont get the ending, what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They're saying that the Nina who had been giving Olivia the Cortexophan injections was not the real Nina (I assume it will turn out she's a shapeshifter).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

so is this our olivia or not :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i thought the nina who put her hand on the scanner was the right nina, but the one we saw drug her at night was the other nina, who lost her hand and the one in the room is that nina pretending to kidnapped along side to find out what she knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah that's a bit more interesting than my theory. Lets see what happens next week. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

another very good episode, its really picking up momentum now, id say alright that the nina in the room is the real nina, cause if its a shapeshifter then that would mean the real nina has been drugging olivia,

i liked how it seemed that walter clicked onto somthing there for a second, it was like he knew that peters existence was slowly bleeding back into the universe and recorrecting everyone memorys of his existence slowly,

in the last few episode its been obvious that walter has been getting more and more independant like he was at the end of last season, olivia seems to have all her old memories back aswell and shes coming across as very relaxed and open, not as detached, distant and nervous wreck of a person she was in season 1 and 2,

TBH i didnt really see a kidnapping taking place, i actually thought when olivia went to take a piss that maybe september or another observer would approach peter in the car,

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

don ramo wrote: »
    i liked how it seemed that walter clicked onto somthing there for a second, it was like he knew that peters existence was slowly bleeding back into the universe and recorrecting everyone memorys of his existence slowly,

when I was watching it I thought was it's Walter's memory faltering or can it be the timeline protecting itself and not letting Walter come up with the theory but probably not.

After Peter and Olivia got together again you just knew it was going to go tits up for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Next episode looks EPIC :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHr4lT97CUc

• Advertisement

That looks awesome! And it's my birthday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

It looks unreal, just Wow!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cant fecking wait for this now!!!

Hope they really follow threw and finish the rest of this season off on a major high. Hopefully leaving us with a massive final season to look forward to next year :).

Fox would be fools to let it go unfinished when then show has come this far and has a massive following.

Its for me anyway one of the most entertaining tv series ive ever watched.

Really curious to see what Lane Pryce :pac: is up to with Oliva and Nina and what is ultimate plan is..... Id be surprised if we get a simple straight forward answer to what the observes are in this episode. Kinda hoping its nothing simple and straight forward anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Decent episode. nice twist at the end which sets up next weeks episode nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Gahhhhhh ! After this weeks episode their taking a 4 week break :mad::( And by the looks of it, it's going to be epic with a big cliffhanger finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

ratedR wrote: »
    Gahhhhhh ! After this weeks episode their taking a 4 week break :mad::( And by the looks of it, it's going to be epic with a big cliffhanger finish.

What! AGAIN!

Just as I was once more getting into the routine of Fringe Saturday.

Fox should rebrand it as Sporadically Fringe Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

What! AGAIN!

At least we should get the last 8 episodes of the season (please not series!) all in one chunk then with the finale sometime in May.

And I really hope the show somehow gets a 5th season to properly wrap up - 5 seasons would be a good solid run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

would be nice if they done what they done with chuck, just say 5th and final season, a 16 ep season would push it over the 100 ep mark also, itd be a bit of a disgrace to renew a show on the buble for 2 years in a row and then not give it a good send-off

i know fox said they dont like losing money on shows, but TBH i dont think they are losing money on fringe, so many revenues to factor in, id say their making i tidy sum with i tunes and dvd sales,

16 eps to wrap it up, thats not asking for much really is it,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

don ramo wrote: »
    id say their making i tidy sum with i tunes and dvd sales

And Nissan promotions. Not an ep has gone by this season without a prominent shot of their cars / SUVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

At least we've yet to have an episode where a major plot point takes place outside huge product placement.

Bones, I'm looking at you you shameless wench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,991 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What! AGAIN!

There seems to be a lot more messing with US series in general this year, with gaps all over the feckin place.:mad:

At least we've yet to have an episode where a major plot point takes place outside huge product placement.

you mean you didnt run off to buy an electric nissan car? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Are there more references to Nissan than Massive Dynamic in this series?

4.14 looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/fringe-episode-414-end-of-all-things-3.html
    Some sneak peaks for tonight. Looks really good so it does.

Advertisement