Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Audi A4 SE TDI 140 BHP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to a new thread.

Can't say if its clocked or not, it was originally a UK car, ask the dealer is a motorcheck report available with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Neilw

AeroEng1 wrote: »
    What have ye experts got to say about this?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/SE-TDI-1/813244770205120/advert?channel=CARS

Is it clocked?
    Are there problems with the 2 litre engines?
    Anyone know anything about the dealer?

Do a cartell/motorcheck report on it to find the history of the car.
    As for clocking, check for a service history including invoices from a garage don't just rely on stamps in the service book. Also look at previous nct certs.

I'm not sure if the 2.0 tdi suffered from injector or oil pump problems, someone else may be able to give you better advice there. Has a dual mass flywheel so make sure that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭caomhino

Just as an aside and rather than starting a new thread - re Audi A4 uk imports.

would a 2006/2007 irish model of this Audi be showing kms or miles on the odometer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

The mileage could be showing either miles or km on the odometer as that is just a setting in the preferences on models with the DIS trip computer system. Many owners switched them over to miles so that the fuel economy readout is in mpg rather than L/100km. However an Irish car will certainly have a speedo reading in km/h only whereas an import speedo will have mph and km/h.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AeroEng1

The dealer provided me with a cartell report, but it does not have much info on its english history. should there not be a HPI report with this aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

I own an audi a3 2.0tdi 2003. The 2.0lt isn't as good as the 1.9lt of the same year as mine. Not too sure if they sorted the problems out by 2007. I have had to change the turbo seal, gearbox seal, inlet manifold flap (400e alone), egr valve, injector loom, coolant leak. My milage is at 114k miles though. I will also to have the gearbox looked at in the next year or so as she is whining a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I assume that version is the common rail diesel engine VW started using at the time.

If so its pretty good.
    I drive the 170hp version and I quite like it.

I'm guessing from the milage it was also a rep-mobile?

I'm guessing from the milage it was also a rep-mobile?

70k odd miles over the guts of 5 years wouldn't cover most reps activities tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The dealer provided me with a cartell report, but it does not have much info on its english history. should there not be a HPI report with this aswell?

I would get the UK reg and do a HPI if you're keen on this car. It looks tidy enough from the photos.

• Advertisement

I done the HPI check myself. I know now why the dealer did not send it on to me!

Date recorded Recorded by Mileage reading Total
    02-Nov-2007 Franchised Dealer 18,528 18,528
    08-Apr-2008 Franchised Dealer 37,382 37,382
    28-May-2010 Trade Association 128,774 128,774
    05-Jul-2011 NMR 71,000 71,000
    08-Sep-2011 NMR 70,000 70,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

A little off-topic, but from the HPI check above, is it safer to buy a car from UK as mileage is better recorded?

.... shows Cartell to be next to useless anyway.

true, its good to know that about cartell, is it part of the UK NCT equivalent that the mileage is recorded?

tw0nk wrote: »
    true, its good to know that about cartell, is it part of the UK NCT equivalent that the mileage is recorded?

Ya I think it is as the MOT would have been due around that time, looking at the dates.

is our NCT the same now, do they record mileage? if not, they should start, great idea and gives potential buyers valuable information

tw0nk wrote: »
    is our NCT the same now, do they record mileage?..........

The NCT folk do record the mileage, they charge you for old certs though and I don't think the likes of Cartell or Motorcheck use the NCT data as a resource for whatever reason (financial I imagine).

For a high mileage car the UK system is far from water tight too, folks could be knocking 20k miles off the odo annually prior to MOT time. Do it twice on a high miler and it looks like an average miler.

Now that I found out the dealer was trying to rip me off. What is the best way to go about reporting him and to who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

What happens now will the car seller have to change the milage back? Looks like its pretty obvious who clocked it...

Now that I found out the dealer was trying to rip me off. What is the best way to go about reporting him and to who?

What happens now will the car seller have to change the milage back? Looks like its pretty obvious who clocked it...

:D

Thread is going to get interesting...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

RoverJames wrote: »
    :D

Thread is going to get interesting...........

Valid questions ... does he get away with it or does he BUUURRRNNN :D

Can't see him burning over this particular car but I expect the add to be not around too much longer. If someone bought that and later found out it was clocked 'twould be a long road to have him "burned" and the penalties aren't particularly severe.

Of course, the chap might be oblivious to it being clocked at all :pac:

I suppose the next step is to report him to the guards and the national consumer agency. But from what I have been reading on the internet nobody seems to care. But I just want to make sure nobody else gets caught out either.

What have ye experts got to say about this?

Is it clocked?
    Anyone know anything about the dealer?

'tis funny how less than 24 hours after you ask this with your first post on boards that it turns out the car has been clocked. Any chance of an actual electronic copy of the full report so we can see the date on it?

audi.jpg

Heres a screen shot with my name and address removed.

Apologies :)
    And thanks for entertaining my query.

Interesting query. why did you question it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Interesting query. why did you question it?

He questions everything...:D

New poster, garage mentioned in first post appears to be selling a freshly clocked car :)

... what Corkie said too though, basically :pac:

• Advertisement

I am looking forward to going into the garage to see how they react when I tell them. unless of course they are reading this already! They are probably getting loads of hits on carzone with everyone clicking the link!
    Its a pity its clocked really. it seemed like a nice clean car.

Advertisement