Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Social Work Masters

• 18-02-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,
    Hopefully someone will be able to help me, I just got offered an interview for UCC social work masters and I am super excited. However it a whole day long and I am really worried about what questions they will ask. Does anyone no what to focus on? Thanks a mill,
    Tina J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Roberta88

Hi marthamartina,

I currently have an interview this Tuesday in cork and i was just wondering how you got on and what came up so i kind of have an idea of what to expect, i know theirs a group and individual interview and i was just wondering is it very hard?and was there anything that surprised you when doing the interview?

Any info would be so helpful as im kinda a bit scared doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicola00002

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on the masters in social work in UCC with regards to the interview expectations? Also what questions are asked?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on the masters in social work in UCC with regards to the interview expectations? Also what questions are asked?

For the group it's just being able to talk about experiences and linking that to social work and the case study they give you is literally linking into social work an as a social worker what would u do!the interview was very much based around your thesis

Roberta88 wrote: »
    For the group it's just being able to talk about experiences and linking that to social work and the case study they give you is literally linking into social work an as a social worker what would u do!the interview was very much based around your thesis

Thanks so much for the reply. Is there any area I need to specifically look at like ethics, policy etc? I'm super nervous and don't know what I need to prepare.

Thanks so much for the reply. Is there any area I need to specifically look at like ethics, policy etc? I'm super nervous and don't know what I need to prepare.

Em just trying to remember back to my interview last year you can relate a lot of theory to your experience and possibly ethics but I remember in my interview tey really focused on my thesis from my undergrad

• Advertisement

Em just trying to remember back to my interview last year you can relate a lot of theory to your experience and possibly ethics but I remember in my interview tey really focused on my thesis from my undergrad

Thanks so much I really appreciate your help. Just curious did u get offered a place?

Thanks so much I really appreciate your help. Just curious did u get offered a place?

Not in cork but I'm currently doing the social work masters in Ucd

Not in cork but I'm currently doing the social work masters in Ucd

Oh fantastic well done. I hope it's going great for you. I had an interview there last week, was tough but I guess that's to be expected.

Oh fantastic well done. I hope it's going great for you. I had an interview there last week, was tough but I guess that's to be expected.

It can be pretty hard when you don't know what there looking for! Have you applied for all four?i found with icd that the longer your interview is the better chance you have

It can be pretty hard when you don't know what there looking for! Have you applied for all four?i found with icd that the longer your interview is the better chance you have

No I only applied to UCD and UCC.
    I was in my interview for well over 30 mins in UCD, had questions fired at me from all angels but I got through it, thank goodness. Fingers crossed but I'm not very hopeful.

• Advertisement

No I only applied to UCD and UCC.
    I was in my interview for well over 30 mins in UCD, had questions fired at me from all angels but I got through it, thank goodness. Fingers crossed but I'm not very hopeful.

It can seem pretty scary but I applied twice to Ucd and got in the second time I found UCC harder but that's just me though good luck hope it all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 2 neevem2

Hi everyone, wondering when you found out when you got accepted to the interview? I applied for September 2022 but waiting to hear if i got an interview or not, I know the deadline for the applications is feb 18th..not sure what to expect as it says the interviews are held early March.

Advertisement