Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low testosterone

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My partner suffers from autoimmune arthritis, which started in his mid 20s. He also has symptoms such as low sex drive, insomnia, mild depression and irritability and weight gain around his middle, which I have read can be symptoms of low testosterone. I have also read that there may be a link between autoimmune illness and low testosterone. I'm trying to encourage him to ask his GP about testing, but he's very reluctant to do so - he thinks it'll be embarrassing and pointless. I'm wondering if anyone has suffered with this and had successful treatment? Any information on the subject would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Just wondering has he had his this thyroid checked? Symptoms are similar to Hypothyroidism. Sorry don't know anything about low testosterone.

Advertisement