Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300E taken back in by ATM but debited from Account

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,
    I made a mistake the other day. I withdrew 300E and walked off without taking it( I know totally headless). About 15 second later I realised my mistake and ran back to the ATM just as it was taking the money back in!

Today to my horror I see that the money has been taken from my account.
    I am an AIB customer but withdrew it from National Irish Bank close to leonard's corner on South Circular road. I've written to branch and will ring AIb tomorrow.
    What do you think are my chance of getting my money back?
    PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

noyhing to worry about it can take a few days to show up on acc ,just let ur bank know what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The money goes back into some kind of reject bin, it will be recorded and you will definitely get the amount credited back. The fact that it was a different bank means it will take a few days for the adjustment to be sent to your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CurtisPadd

Thanks for replies. I was thinking that ATM's can tell if the money is returned.
    I'll continue this thread if I have any complications
    PE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Check your account on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

If its an atm attached to a bank, likely the bank staff will be balancing it at some stage monday and it'll be credited back to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement