Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

Options
  • 17-02-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Try to run a project in Visual C++ 2010, it runs prefectly in Visual C++2008 but when I try to run it Visual C++ 2010 I get these 2 errors:

learning.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol message
    .\Release/learning.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'I:\FYP\torcs-1.3.1\src\libs\learning\Release\learning.lib'

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The compiler cannot find the file specified. Is this path valid? I:\FYP\torcs-1.3.1\src\libs\learning\Release\learning.lib

If not then where is your local copy? Using an I drive looks like it was setup to find libs off a network drive, did you copy the project and take it home? If so you also have to copy all the dependencies and change your local paths.

In visual studio right click on project -> properties -> configuration -> vc++ directories -> edit library directories to include wherever you keep your libs.

Setting up c++ linker is a bit of a nightmare for a new person, get someone to help you in person.

Advertisement