Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

third trimester screening?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi everyone...Im just wondering if it's an automatic practice to be given another detailed scan (like the 20 week scan) from your maternity hospital consultant/doctor/midwife when you're coming to the end of your term e.g. from 35 weeks onwards??

I.e. to check the position of the baby / size etc / weight etc..

Or are these scans something you have to generally organise through private scanning companies?

Im 36 weeks on my next visit, and the consultant hasnt mentioned anything other than she'll then be seeing me weekly for the remaining 4 weeks..

Thank you:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

If there's a query about positioning then you may get offered a scan, but it won't be as detailed as the 20 week anomoly. To get an estimate of babies weight they'd have to measure head and stomach circumference and femur length. But You could always enquire if they'd do it for you.

Advertisement