Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FSi Carbon Build Up

Options
  • 17-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

I am going to wait until next week to post my problem but I was wondering if anyone had have issues with carbon build up on Audi FSi engines?

I might post this on the motors section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I wonder could this be happening at the switch over between stratified mode and homogeneous mode? Maybe when it switches over it injects too much petrol for a short time? Carbon build up can be caused by a rich mix in the fuel. Its probably a fuel issue, can you get your sensors checked and faults read. Maybe there is a problem with them.

Any experts on the topic of direct petrol injection here? FSI types perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Plug wrote: »
    I wonder could this be happening at the switch over between stratified mode and homogeneous mode? Maybe when it switches over it injects too much petrol for a short time? Carbon build up can be caused by a rich mix in the fuel. Its probably a fuel issue, can you get your sensors checked and faults read. Maybe there is a problem with them.

Any experts on the topic of direct petrol injection here? FSI types perhaps.

`Thanks for replying.

Fuel has something to do with it, but is more to do with the quality of the fuel. The problem seems to be with the way Audis FSI engine reuses the exhaust air and recirculates it back into the engine, also the way the mainfold is set up...

I was going to post what I have found out so far but I could be wrong... and I want to talk to Audis head mechanic first, I will meet him on monday. Trust me when I say is pretty bad

Advertisement