Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing question

Options
  • 17-02-2012 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just got my diesel ford focus serviced, it says on the docket intermediate service- over 1.1 litre. What is this, is this any different to a standard service. Also i had to get the emissions checked CO2 came in at 4.3, CO 0.07 and 02 15.77. What are the limits on a NCT emissions test for CO2 ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

martineire wrote: »
    What are the limits on a NCT emissions test for CO2 ? Thanks

There isn't any limit for CO2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Diesel emissions are measured by smoke opacity in the NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd assume they have different prices depending on the engine size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

My car failed the NCT on the smoke (emissions) test. Got it serviced yesterday and they did a emissions test on it after the service and the mechanic said that it will pass the smoke test now i posted the results of the emissins test in my previous post he was saying that my CO2 is 4.3 now and if it is over 6 its a fail. Would a bottle of diesel treatment help?

Advertisement