Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Photography portfolio question

Options
  • 17-02-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Let me apologise in advance if this question has been asked elsewhere, I've searched and can't find anything from this year. If I'm in the wrong place I'd be happy to be pointed in the right direction :)

I'm almost finished my portfolio, another few days will see it done and dusted. The advise I've recieved, and read online, has all been very helpful. I'm a mature student applicant and haven't done a portfolio course, nor do I have a carreer advisor to guide me.

Yesterday I got an email from the college with my delivery date attached and also a pdf document with the portfolio requirements on. The pdf document is a little different to what's on the main site, and I've not seen this one before and it has me a little puzzled.

Ability to juxtapose elements within image(s) to generate meaning.

All of the advise I have recieved has told me to stay away from any type of photoshop in my portfolio. But my understanding of that sentence leads me to believe they want me to insert something in one of my shots, that was not originally there - using software.

Am I reading this correctly? If I were to do that, woud I be best putting it in the main portfolio or the workbook?

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply :)

SW

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Ability to juxtapose elements within image(s) to generate meaning.

All of the advise I have recieved has told me to stay away from any type of photoshop in my portfolio. But my understanding of that sentence leads me to believe they want me to insert something in one of my shots, that was not originally there - using software.
    Nope don't insert using software. Find something where you have opposites together and you have juxtaposed elements.

A picture of rich guy in a suit means something completely different walking down the grafton street than it would if you took a picture of the same man in a slum.

Find something where different things are together and it makes it mean something

BTW I'm a business student not an art student so I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scallywaggy

I've been googling and your reply couldn't be more perfect. Thank you so much! I'm glad I asked now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rxbnj7p064ak9c

Hey I'm thinking about doing the Photography course in DIT next year but to be quite honest i haven't a clue where to start with he portfolio, like i have photographs i just don't know how to arrange them or anything :P is there any classes or anything ? please help thank you

Advertisement