Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like sky lanterns to me.

not being funny or anything, but if 2 angels came and took away the soul of every dead child, i think we'd have seen a lot more than this blurry video by now. not to mention with the (quickly googled average) of 21,000 children dying every day, the angel workload would be pretty high and i doubt they could afford to partner up for every death.

tbh, even if it had been angels, the video was so blurry it would have been buzz lightyear and you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

If the "angels" had of turned up a few minutes earlier they could have saved the child!
    Now that would be impressive - this, however, is just cheap camera trickery of some sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think angels and ghosts are just trolling everybody by only appearing to people with shítty cameras :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Do you think it could be faked?
    Well, it came from Semipalatinsk, which used to be the main Soviet nuclear test range, so I reckon it's some kind of strange postmodern post-Soviet tribute act.
    Some natural phenomenon? What is it?
    Given it's from the FSU and knowing what goes on over there, I'm going to go with a couple of sky lanterns, a bunch of teenagers and more vodka than was good for them.

This stuff is really quite easy to fake, especially on the kind of uber-low resolution mobile phone you might get in a Khazakstani cornflake packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wow, that's a terrible quality film. And for someone who was apparently trying to video those 'angels' they sure spend a lot of time pointing the camera away from them. The video really could be of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's clearly BS, I don't see any dead babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Could be the lauch of two ICBM's from a hidden silo in an apartment block. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I thought this was rather amusing on the uploader's comments.
    For those who would like to watch this video in better quality you can download it here:
    http://www.riverflow.ru/126.php
    (at the foot of page - 468КB)
    Better quality - 468KB, lol:D

OP if you want 'interesting' answers take it to Christianity and see what they make of it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

Well with Kazakhstan having a majority Islamic population it is obviously Islamic angels:)
    This Hi Definition, superbly shot video proves beyond all doubt that Islam is the way to go, despite the uploaders "Jesus is Lord" comment.
    And for the skeptics who say this could be faked, I doubt anyone would spend all of the literally minuets needed to produce such a video. /sarcasm

As for a more naturalistic non hoaxy explanation we could have:
    Some sort of flammable material being ejected from what looks like a smoking chimney.
    Chinese lanterns
    Illumination of a window pane just in front of the camera from the sunset.
    A missile launch in the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I saw this video, and it really caught my eye. I would love to know what other people make of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg&feature=g-vrec&context=G2b284d5RVAAAAAAAAAg

For the record I believe in God but am not part of any organised religion, and I like a good analytical discussion. This video has really intrigued me. Do you think it could be faked? Some natural phenomenon? What is it?
    At over 2.5m views, that video is clear evidence of terrestrial unintelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It looks like two chinese lanterns reflecting off a sky light captured with a heavily de-focused camera.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

muppeteer wrote: »
    Well with Kazakhstan having a majority Islamic population it is obviously Islamic angels:)
    This Hi Definition, superbly shot video proves beyond all doubt that Islam is the way to go, despite the uploaders "Jesus is Lord" comment.
    And for the skeptics who say this could be faked, I doubt anyone would spend all of the literally minuets needed to produce such a video. /sarcasm

As for a more naturalistic non hoaxy explanation we could have:
    Some sort of flammable material being ejected from what looks like a smoking chimney.
    Chinese lanterns
    Illumination of a window pane just in front of the camera from the sunset.
    A missile launch in the distance.
    Since you said that I think it could be the case. A reflection would account for the 'halo' around the lights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What is this?

I don't even

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Let's assume for a moment that it is two angels retrieving the soul of some poor dead child. Why are such apparitions not far more commonplace?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't say chinese lanterns, they're too bright for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Galvasean wrote: »
    Let's assume for a moment that it is two angels retrieving the soul of some poor dead child. Why are such apparitions not far more commonplace?
    because temple street hospital would become a hazard to air traffic if it was standard practice to send an angel down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Just out of interest, how did someone filming (l use the term loosely) from a block away know that there was a child dying at that precise spot, at that precise time in order to make the assumption they were seeing angels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe it was the rapture taking the one worthy person on the planet?

i wouldn't say chinese lanterns, they're too bright for that.
    Ukrainian lanterns?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

vibe666 wrote: »
    Ukrainian lanterns?
    Not in Kazakhstan. More likely they're Turkic lanterns.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Not in Kazakhstan. More likely they're Turkic lanterns.
    i just thought ukrainian ones would have a better glow off them, what with chernobyl and all that, but having to explain it kind of ruins the joke. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sarky wrote: »
    Maybe it was the rapture taking the one worthy person on the planet?

I've always wondered if the Rapture may have already happened and went unnoticed because so few were worthy enough to be raptured.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

when the Rapture happens will that be the largest number of simultaneous abortions to take place around the world?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement