Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading wordpress to register365

Options
  • 17-02-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hope I'm in the right forum.

I'm trying to upload a photography site I've built in Wordpress onto hosting I've bought with Register365.

I used the duplicator plugin which makes a zip file and and installer script for the server, but Register365 inform me that unzipping facilities are not available on their servers. Their knowledge base or technical support dept are not helpful

Can anyone point me to a guide to how to upload an uncompressed wordpress website, or suggest a workaround?

Other info that might be relevant -
    I used instantwp when building the website locally
    I use filezilla to ftp the files to the server
    I've setup a MySQL database for the website on the server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Hope I'm in the right forum.

I'm trying to upload a photography site I've built in Wordpress onto hosting I've bought with Register365.

I used the duplicator plugin which makes a zip file and and installer script for the server, but Register365 inform me that unzipping facilities are not available on their servers. Their knowledge base or technical support dept are not helpful

Can anyone point me to a guide to how to upload an uncompressed wordpress website, or suggest a workaround?

Other info that might be relevant -
    I used instantwp when building the website locally
    I use filezilla to ftp the files to the server
    I've setup a MySQL database for the website on the server

Ever heard of FileZilla
    http://filezilla-project.org/

Lets you put any files where ever you want directly up onto you site using FTP!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blacklawlessd

Thanks Steven, Yep, I'm using filezilla

Any idea of what files need to be modified to add the details of the database on the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Ever heard of FileZilla
    http://filezilla-project.org/

Lets you put any files where ever you want directly up onto you site using FTP!

Not sure to be honest.... to save my self the hassle I used there 1 Click install tool, which worked like a charm and did the messy work for me. You might be able to adjust your custom changes/upload your files to it after its installed!
    It lets you easily set up the database name/user/host and it lets you easily backup your site too!

Thanks Steven, Yep, I'm using filezilla

Any idea of what files need to be modified to add the details of the database on the server?

I think all you need to edit is wp-config.php, which you'll find in the root directory of wordpress.

a3be57adb62a3b2235eb77315987fd7fopTwn.png

You put the MySQL details you used when you created the database into the corresponding sections in wp-config.php, just like above.

Use an editor like Notepad++ to edit the file.

Advertisement