Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Forgotten Cycling Novel Resurfaces

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

any idea where one might buy it ? cheers.

sorry, here I guess www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=3802424493&searchurl=ds%3D30%26isbn%3D9780151899012%26sortby%3D17

next daft question, do you know if that is the english translation ? the ones on amazon are the german copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheFredJ

If it's Das Dritte Buch Uber Achm, it's the original German, if it's The Third Book About Achim, it s/b the US trans. The Abe link in the review is to the US trans.

You can also find it on Amazon. There's a company seems to do public domain books, prob like one of those who do all those Wiki books, not sure whether I'd want to but from them, but someone else may have advice on that.

On this one, it might actually be worth grabbing the PDF on Archve.org. They're a legit sit. As far as I can tell the book fell into the publc domain when the copyright wasn't renewed (pre '98 US rules). Again, the link is in the review.

Really is worth looking out for, I promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

When I read the title I thought this thread was about poor quality but new yet forgotten resurfacing works somewhere in ireland. It's a slow morning I'm having!

thanks, duly ordered said book:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

E-book versions available legitimately free here;

http://www.archive.org/details/thirdbookaboutac012798mbp

Advertisement